Edutech is going to be the next startup boom !
Have had this opinion since the past few months now, but seeing the on-ground proof today!
Just now finished Attending Bharatniti’s webinar on Education after Covid where key note address was by Education Minister @DrRPNishank & panel discussions were by founders of edutech companies like Vedantu etc
A few takeaways – (in no particular order)
1) The next 25 years, India is going to be young India
2) Education industry goes countercyclic, so when economy goes down, investment in education goes up.
3) Use of artificial intelligence + Machine learning in education content development, delivery and analytics.
4) Platform & content should be language independent. Let students learn in all languages!
5) Govt investing a lot in education related policies – many changes and opportunities after NEP
6) Optical fibre will be installed all over the country, so the delivery of content will become cheaper!
7) Since vocational course will become mandatory from 6th std onwards, develop more vocational education content with industry involvement
8) Online MOOC Channels + TV Channels – NPTEL, SwayamPrabha
9) Reach every child, so content delivery to be device independent – radio, TV, internet!
10) 100 foreign universities will come to India
11) Students ideas/energies to be used to develop industry (National Research Foundation)
12) Industry to participate in development of courses.
13) Testing platforms are currently fastest growing in online platforms industries! AI Integrated platforms are doing well.
14) Policies and standards reg Teacher training to be finalised and implemented as max teachers are not equipped for the changing norms and technologies!
15) Content from Indian teachers will be sought after all over the world as it is easy for us to develop good quality content in English.
By Harini R